ACHIEVE Notice for Parents with Students on IEPs
You are an important part of your student’s Individualized Education Program (IEP) team. You are receiving this information as notification of upcoming and exciting changes to the system in which your student’s IEP is written.
ACHIEVE is the new system in which IEPs will be written. This new system was designed with the intent to:
- Support IEP teams as they design a program for each individual student
- Increase opportunities for collaboration and communication between IEP team members
- Have one system to house individualized family plans for children birth to 21 with disabilities
Our District will begin transitioning to ACHIEVE in May 2022. Things to know as we transition to this new system:
- Your student’s special education services and procedural safeguards under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) will remain the same within the new ACHIEVE system.
- Your student’s next IEP paperwork will look different when it is written within the new ACHIEVE system.
- The actual transition to ACHIEVE for your student’s IEP will depend on when the next IEP meeting is due. It is possible that this date will not be until next school year.
- Information and training opportunities will be shared with you in the future regarding parent access to the ACHIEVE system. It is anticipated that this access will be available in Fall 2022.
For further information about your student’s IEP, please contact his/her special education teacher or case manager.
Sioux City Community School District
Northwest Area Education Agency